is a guard-gated community known for its high-end properties, private marina and safe streets. Cocoplum has waterfront and non-waterfront homes with architectural styles ranging from Mediterranean to Contemporary and everything in between. Currently, there is a non-refundable application fee of $ 35,000.00 prior to ownership in Cocoplum and an additional $100,000 application fee for Tahiti Beach Island and a quarterly assessments for each community.
PEOPLE & LIFESTYLE
Originally, Cocoplum was designed as a beach for residents of Coral Gables, then in the 1970’s the Islands of Cocoplum were redeveloped as an exclusive single family home community of just over 400 homes. Within the gated enclave of Cocoplum is Phase 2 of the Islands of Cocoplum which consists of 302 estate homes, of which, 172 are waterfront homes. The original beachfront, Tahiti Beach, is now a private community within Cocoplum that include just 29 estate homes on large lots, a majority of which are bayfront. Tahiti Beach residents enjoy the amenities of the Islands of Cocoplum in addition to a park just afoot of their private beach, tennis club, and an additional guard gate, since it is a private neighborhood.
PARKS & NATURE
Islands of Cocoplum residents can purchase a slip for their boat or yacht at the Cocoplum Yacht Club, conveniently located within the Islands of Cocoplum. Docks and T-slips range from 40 ft to 120 ft. and offer direct access to Biscayne Bay (no bridges) Viewed as one of South Florida's best marinas, this reputable marina is also protected from the bay.
If you are in the mood for delicious Italian comfort food, you must visit Caffe Vialetto. It’s tucked away in a charming spot near The Village of Merrick Park and is well known for its family-orientated ambiance where the owners will greet you by name after just a few visits. Whether you try the short rib or one of the many pasta dishes, you are sure to leave with a full stomach and happy heart.
Residents can enjoy the shops around Sunset Place with stores such as Lululemon, Capretto Shoes, Jenna White, and Footworks Running. For a fun night out with the family head to the movie theaters or the bowling lanes at Splitsville.
- Sunset Elementary School, International Magnet program, grades PK – 5
- Ponce De Leon Middle School, Magnet and IB program, grades 6 – 8
- Coral Gables Senior High, Magnet and IB program, grades 9 – 12
- Ransom Everglades School, grades 6 – 12
- Our Lady of Lourdes Academy, all girls, grades 9 – 12
- Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart, all girls, PK3 – 12
- Epiphany Catholic School, grades PK – 8
- Gulliver Preparatory Academy, grades PK3 – 12
- Saint Philip’s Episcopal School, grades PK3 – 5
- Saint Stephen's Episcopal Day School, grades PK3 – 5
- Riviera Day School, grades PK – 5
- Alexander Montessori Schools, grades PK – 5
- The French American School of Miami, grades PK3 – 5