Right off of Old Cutler Road, Hammock Lakes is a gated, lakefront community in Coral Gables. Homes began being built in 1946, and the community has continued to develop throughout the years. Surrounded by two large lakes, each home is on a large lot with serene views of open landscapes. There is no membership required prior to owning property in this beautiful neighborhood.
PEOPLE & LIFESTYLE
Aside from the gorgeous circular driveways and garden views, residents of Hammock Lakes enjoy the large amount of space on their property. The neighborhood offers a variety of options designed for anyone looking for exclusive and luxurious living.
PARKS & NATURE
With a short driving distance to Miami Beach, Hammock Lakes is also in close proximity to Matheson Hammock Beach and Park. The shallow waters and active breezes make the park a prime spot for kiteboarding. Dock at the marina and enjoy a tropical hammock, have a picnic, or sail away into the sunset.
Hammock Lakes is surrounded by a variety of restaurants. Dine inside the historic coral rock building at Red Fish Grill or check out the local hotspot, Hillstone Restaurant in nearby Coral Gables, where happy hour is always buzzing with people looking to unwind. The spinach dip is the perfect starter, while their sushi is another crowd pleaser. Pro tip: Call ahead and make a reservation, the wait is usually long without one.
Residents who are in the mood to shop are in luck, because one of the best shopping experiences in Coral Gables is right around the corner. The Shops at Merrick Park welcomes guests with upscale designer shops including Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom. The beautiful scenery at Merrick Parks makes for the perfect shopping destination.
- Sunset Elementary School, International Magnet program, grades PK - 5
- Ponce De Leon Middle School, Magnet and IB program, grades 6 – 8
- Coral Gables Senior High, Magnet and IB program, grades 9-12
- Our Lady of Lourdes Academy, all girls, grades 9 – 12
- Epiphany Catholic School, grades PK – 8
- Gulliver Preparatory Academy, grades PK3 - 12
- Riviera Day School, grades PK – 5
- Alexander Montessori Schools, grades PK – 5
- The French American School of Miami, grades PK3 – 5