High Pines, a quiet neighborhood settled between Coral Gables and South Miami, is quickly becoming one of the most desirable areas in Miami-Dade County. With its close proximity to South Miami, residents of High Pines enjoy the various options offered, from casual dining to gourmet fare, Sunset Place mall-with its own movie theatre and bowling alley, plus the boutique shops surrounding Sunset Drive and Red Road and all within close reach, make High Pines a highly sought after place to call home.
PEOPLE & LIFESTYLE
66 percent of people who live in High Pines are married, while 34 percent are single. Most of the residents earn between $60,000 and $120,000 per year. 58 percent of residents have at least a Bachelor’s degree. The average age of residents is 35.
PARKS & NATURE
High Pines residents enjoy access to many of the nearby parks. Just minutes away are Dante Fascell Park – with a great family playground, Pinecrest Gardens, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden and Matheson Hammock Park, which boasts beautiful views of Biscayne Bay. High Pines’ walking/bike paths make it easy to navigate and enjoy the outdoors. High Pines is also home to the Tropical Audubon Society which meet at the historic Audubon House.
High Pines offers a variety of food choices to choose from. Whisk Gourmet is a neighborhood staple and a popular lunch spot.
High Pines offers plentiful markets including a Whole Foods and a long-established fishmonger at Mariner’s Seafood, Tarragon Middle East Market, Winn-Dixie, Stop N' Shop & Publix.
High Pines also features many local conveniences such as pharmacies, a post office, banks, medical and dental offices, pet shops, a hardware store and more. Sunset Place Mall features movies, bowling, a Barnes and Noble and other chain retail.
• Sunset Elementary School, International Magnet program, grades PK - 5
• Ponce De Leon Middle School, Magnet and IB program, grades 6 – 8
• Coral Gables Senior High, Magnet and IB program, grades 9-12
• Our Lady of Lourdes Academy, all girls, grades 9 – 12
• Epiphany Catholic School, grades PK – 8
• Gulliver Preparatory Academy, grades PK3 - 12
• Riviera Day School, grades PK – 5
• Alexander Montessori Schools, grades PK – 5
• The French American School of Miami, grades PK3 – 5